Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sun, fast paced trot past historic shops and houses of Thames



(Pics: I was so busy walking fast, I did not take pics but here are few stolen ones off the web of some of the main street old wooden buildings here)

Today I was finally feeling a lot better after the blimin awful headcold of the past week. I am finally caught up on my blog as i could not post when so very sick, it is now 11pm at night with all this blog catching upping...

It was a windy rainy day one minute and sun the next (very spring-ish). I did not want the kids out in the rain and wind and had a hankering for a really fast walk by myself. So started at one end of town at the historic old wooden shops from the goldrush era (Thames is famous for it's goldmining history) and walked a quick clip all the way down to the end under the covered verandahs, it's apparently one mile long. Walked back and I'd only done 30 mins So I went the opposite way down little old lanes looking at all the lovely old villas and miners cottages and old gold mine shafts. Many old houses were covered in wisteia and rambling roses, heavenly!!! Just more fuel on the fire of why I love living here! (I love old buildings and history). We only moved here about 18 months ago from big city life in Auckland and I am still head over heels with our lovely town.

wake up 8am
Smoothie 8.45 am (half of it)
10.30 second half of smoothie
Luch 1pm
95g tuna. 1TBSP olive oil, 1/4 c red/green peppers, 1 chopped cucumber, 1/4c kidney beans, 2 very small apples
3.20 2 oz walnuts (from pm snack)
75g cooked chicken breast
7pm dinner 140 g chickn, 1 c pf combined capsicum, green beans, cauli, red onion and cooked silverbeet

1 comment:

Donna Denise said...

Hi Kim,

Glad you're feeling better and was able to enjoy your fun cardio day. Sounds like you had a great time.