Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday day 25 Too much drama...

---STOP PRESS--- Another Tsunami alert today after an earthquake in Vanuatu. I had just got to the beach with the kids for a school holiday trip when the alert came in. I decided to immediately up sticks and head 15 mins drive up the hills and back home. The alert was then cancelled about 20 minutes later. And I must have worked hard this monring as I was still feeling a little heady and dizzy and the heart racing a bit (endorphin release I guess) and then the Tsunami alert, I was really pumping. It's like you've drunk pots and pots of coffee and I feel a bit spacey and unfocussed and easily irritated. This could also be not only because I worked really hard, but also being on the last cal day. It was almost unsafe to drive I was that spacey, almost like I'd had a few glasses of wine, and I never drink and drive. Too much drama, not much food, hard day, but survived. I would not recommend being in charge of a vehicle over a long distance on a low cal day, after a 1 hour 20 minute hard workout...


No weight loss today, same as yesterday on the calorie cycling. But I know it's not about the scale anymore, so not worried. My arms and legs have been sore which is a sure sign something is happening there. So I measured my arms and found them to be 2 cm smaller than when I started. Waist remains at 5 cm smaller since I started FLP. I think that alone is an awesome result! My husband seems to notice bits of me dropping away everyday, which is also helpful. Last night he said my butt was smaller.

I went back into the wardrobe fuelled by Coaches comments to not keep "fat clothes", a big NO NO and I found more hiding there! Out they went too. I am down to about 9 pieces (so I have some clothes to wear!) and even hung my work out teeshirts in the wardrobe just to make it look less lonely in there! I cant see the need to buy anything new as I am still losing weight obviously and will be for about another year, almost as much as I ahve lost already again. If I ahve an occasion requiring something new, I'll get it or just buy the odd really nice thing on sale. There is no point having to turf out the new wardrobe again in 12 months time - well we cant afford that, I would rather pay the mortgage off faster or buy something more practical/longterm. I did buy a lovely "going out" top months ago and a skirt, which the occasion I brought it for, did not happen. Now I hope I can get one wear out of it for our 20th wedding anniversary at the end of october (after FLP). Quite possibly the size 20 skirt will fall off my waist by then and I've given all my bigger skirts away. Will have to wait and see and if someone else gets a brand new unworn skirt out of it, and I have to buy another  that's cool/good!.

EXERCISE

Warm up 5 mins, walking up hill. High intensity 2.30, med intensity 2 mins x4 on elilipital, resistance level 6

Jacknife on ball 13,14,13 (fell off twice...never mind...)
Single arm band pull downs 14,14,15
Alt lunges with curl (5 kg weights today, 10 kg total ) 18,18,18 to failure (these did me in, talk about cardio...! nearly lost balance several times, hard these...)
Pushups superset 13,13,15
Dumbell bench press on ball (5kg weights each side) 25,25,25 (added more reps rather than waste time sticking more weight on and taking it off again. I could do more weight on this, but not the alt lunges, that is a max)
Squat, curl, press (5kg weights on each side) 14,14,14
Band rotations on ball 15,15,15 (band held in, no word on replacement..hurry up!)
FOOD
7.45 wake up
8.15 BF 1/1 apple, 1/2 c oats, 1/2 TBSP almonds, 1/2TBSP flax seeds
11.30 m/tea 1/4 c yoghurt, 1/4 c blueberries
11.50 (feeling very shaky after workout and have a drive ahead so decide to eat a bit of lunch early to help) 75g chicken, water
1.30 (while escaoing Tsunami threat in car....) 1 apple (1/2 from lunch and 1/2 from afternoon tea = 1 apple)
2.00 Home safe, lunch Salad 1/2 c tomato + lettice, olive oild and lemon. SWapped the afetrnoon tea peanut butter for 1/2 avocado
6.20p, Dinner 1/2 raw carrot. 1/2 c cauliflower. 3 oz steak, no fat
8 pm 1 oz walnuts (not really hungry but still a it woozy, so trying to rule out lack of food by wating what i should, even though I usually dont eat the after dinner snack)

WATER
3 litres + herbal teas

1 comment:

Helen said...

Well, you've had a lot of stress. Hope you can have a relaxing night. I have no energy with the low calorie, but I'm enjoying my food for the first time since being on the program. I actually want to eat! Before, it felt like I was being force fed!
Sleep well.