Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 22 Monday, start of week 4

So this morning the scale still said 97.5 kg, the weather hampered cardio effort yesterday woudl not have helped! Yet my body is certainly shrinking, just not showing in the scales so much, but that is cool. I ahve a basic lay persons understandng about weightloss versus fatloss and that we need to look at size, not the scales etc. So I know it's all good. However in the interests of experimentation and kicking as much off my butt in these 6 weeks as I can, I will try the half portion days T, W, Th as suggested by the coach. I find the meals fairly big (get them down OK though!) and hope I will cope quite well with it. I guess the proof will be on the scales and tape on Friday...

I did a similar thng once before, but my personal trainer called it a zig zag. I'd been on a plateau weight wise for weeks (but cm were falling slowly) and she suggested I eat twice as much for three days and then half as much for three days, to shock the body. It worked, I lost weight and the plateau was over. So I suspect this method works for me. Just as long as I can function and exercise on the half days of food. I have not been hungry at all really on this plan so being hungry, if it happens, wll be a new challenge I have to deal with (drink lots of water?!). I already drink 2 large glasses of water just before eating and that is a good way to fill your tummy up!

EXERCISE
(I thoroughly enjoyed the new routine today, needed a change as it was getting too routine for me, change is good)

Jacknife on ball 10,10,10
Single arm band pull downs 10,10,10
Alt lunges with curl (2.5 kg weights) 12,12,12
Pushups superset 10,10,10 (whew those pushups getting good now! Just need to get my butt down more now, arms are much stronger now and can bend pretty good, i am impressed with myself!)
Dumbell bench press on ball (2.5 kg weights) 10,10,10
Squat, curl, press (2.5kg weights) 10,10,10
Bamd rotations on ball 10,10,10

FLUIDS 2.5 litres + copious herbal teas as it was freezing cold today

FOOD
wake up 7.30 am

BF 9am 2 boiled eggs (scambled makes me nauseous, dont know why..) + 1 c cooked whole old gashioned oats w cinnamon and 1 grated apple. (I pinched the apple from afternoon tea for breakfast to liven up the oats and I took the 1-2 c of raw veges from eveing snack (which I never have) to have with my PB at afternoon tea....
morning tea 11. 1c blueberries. 2 oz unsalted peanuts.
Lunch 1.15
4 oz (110 grams) grilled chicken breast), 1 tomato, 2 c lettuce, 1 carrot, coaches dressing

afternoon tea 4pm 1c raw cauliflower, 1 TBSP P/B
dinner 5.15 1c cauliflower, 1 tomato, half an avocado (instead of olive oil dressing), 4 oz lean beef steak, no fat

No comments: