Sunday, November 1, 2009

Post FLP, the results!!!



Fun Cardio, did NOT include the family this weekend...LOL, it was lounging in an outdoor bath in the bush and other cardio I shall not go into here...(again picture nicked of the outdoor bath has been nicked off the website as I always forget the camera).

Hi again all Guinea Pigs, I can’t wait to see your results on the go sleeveless blog. I'll cut to the chase and give you mine for the six week FLP in a nut shell here ...

Weight 93.2kg (was 101.8kg)
Bust 104cm (was 107 cm)
Waist 84cm (was 89cm)
Hips 128cm (was 132cm)
Right upper arm 38cm (was 40.5)

That’s a total loss of 14.5 cm from those key areas, but I also lost off the neck and ankle and 8.6kg in weight.

So post FLP I have been having a bit of R and R, rest and literally - recovery for the past week. I went to Les Mills Pump (a one hour strength training class with weights) on Tuesday and Thursday and found it hard. It used to be fairly easy and I was way up in weights, this week I had to cut most tracks back in weight and I wondered how I ever did 20 kgs on the back track...! (only could do 15kg) and I was sweating like mad and sore for days afterwards. This is a good sign that it worked though. To be honest I have not done much else and have been aching like hell.

I've happily stuck to the FLP plan food wise and calorie cycled Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Funny week, lost and then gained, up and down, but I was not too worried. At the end of the week I had lost about 200grams with only two days of exercise, so not so bad. Really needed that "time out".

But now I am feeling refreshed, revived and getting excited again about the Go Sleeveless Workout Of The Month club. I am starting to set some new goal and new visualisations for the next years journey ahead too, still have the “old ones” and mulling some new ones….

I have now lost 35 kg in just on one year and my friend said to me today, that although the transformation has been dramatic, these last 20 (or less) kilos will be even more dramatic. That really got my wheels spinning because I feel really really good now. It's quite ***delicious**** to think ahead to looking even better and wearing even nicer clothes and lingerie...wohoo...!@!!!

Speaking of lingerie and back to "fun cardio weekends", my husband and I just got back from our weekend away up at Coromandel for our 20th wedding anniversary. Though it took a little coaxing initially but I actually got in the outdoor bath, in the daytime (yes au naturale). I can tell you I would not have done it even in the dark a year ago! It was lovely lying in the sunshine in the warm water looking through the trees to the blue sky (we stayed at Indigo Bush Studio), we do recommend it as a very special place, light years nicer than any motel, if you're ever up Coromandel Peninsula way. And yes the new lingerie came out, roll on more, more, more as there is less, less, less!
Now as it was a special day I DID allow myself some large leeway on the food. I had FLP breakfast and am snack on Sat and then we had lunch at Peppertree Restaurant in Coromandel, outside, alfresco under their 100 year old peppertree. So yes I had planned to have WINE!!! I chose well for entree and main, entree was cerviche of fresh fish with red onion and lime juice (and coconut milk) (only bad bit) and rocket salad. Main was a duck salad again on rocket with cointreau dipped mandarins, YUMMY!!!! We felt like neither red or white wine and instead chose a Rose Noir from Ohui vineyard from the local Coromandel Peninsula region. It was divine, peaches and cream tasting, very light, perfect in the sun.

Then I went a bit astray on the dessert as I had decided to allow myself chocolate and berries for this special occasion. Had not had chocolate for over a year and I seriously love berries. The only thing answering that description was a chocolate cheesecake with berries. Very very nice and I did not eat the biscuit crusty bit (aren’t I good!), but it was decent portion of a white choc piece AND a dark chocolate piece and I have not had dairy for seven weeks now, cream for much much longer than that and I felt a bit stonked. But then to top it off, my husband ordered pinacoladas as we'd heard the Pinacolada song in the car on the way up - and that really finished me people. I tell you, cream is off my menu. Once a year Christmas Pavalova and that's it. I just can’t handle it. I was bloated and uncomfortable for hours afterwards. So full I could hardly drink my bubby in the outdoor bath, how bad is that!

My husband had battered fish with chips as a main and I am so glad I chose away from that, yuck...

So lesson learned, no cream! And also check the menu first, if they don’t have healthy(-ier) dishes, don’t go there. I knew this one did so it was perfect.

So back into it again next week, will weigh in the am, probably put on like a kilo or more from all my wine and food efforts this weekend, but hey it was a one off 20th wedding anniversary and you’ve got to enjoy life and let loose a bit *sometimes*. I didn't blow the whole weekend at all, just the few things I chose to. Next day I cooked oatmeal with apple for us for breakfast and we drank the rest of the bubbly with it (goes surprisingly well?!). For lunch we had oysters off the rocks on the coast on the way home, can’t tell you where - don’t want people figuring out we live in paradise with free oysters to boot!

So this weekend was a really empowering experience to know I can choose to eat well, even at restaurants and a good lesson learned on the cream. I also learned I must keep eating every three hours or so, or I get really hungry and then I eat too much and feel sick as I can only handle small portions now (dinner was quite late and I ate too much steak as ravenous due to time lapse and bubbly on board..)
Oh and I had a latte on Sunday (trim milk) and it was neither here or nor there, could take it leave it. Think I’ll generally leave it, coffee and tea no longer have any hold on me, and the bubbly I would usually guzzle, I had about one glass and that was all I could manage (who is this person?!)

3 comments:

Chocolatebutton said...

Congratulations on your anniverday and results Kim x

Helen said...

Hi Kim, Wow! What great results! Sounds like a lovely anniversary celebration . . . congratulations!

Girl Who Got Real said...

Thanks Helen and Sarah. I paid the next day on the scales for my indugences, 1.7 kg put ON!!! Have been working out and calorie cycling this week and lost 900 grams in the first two days, so should be back to square one within a week. It's OK, I allowed myself this special treat, ad I learned lessons from it too, so it's all good!