Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Fellow FLP Guinea Pigs success

I am loving my fellow "Guinea Pigs" fatloss stories fom the Go Sleeveless 6 week Fatloss Project. here's the links...

Carla
Ginny
deAnne


(more coming..)

I'm going well, keeping to the nutrition plan, with the exception of a couple of glasses on wine on Saturday night and a piece of my own wholemeal bread made all healthy. The bread was nice but I have no plans to go back to all the bread I used to eat  (4-6 slices of toast for BF and 4, 6 or 8 slices for sandwiches at lunch...) Argghhh! far too much bread, even wholegrain etc Now I LOVE my salad with lean protein, it is so filling. Lunch never used to fill me up, now it does.

I'm continuing to lose weight and HAD to buy a new bra today as the old size was just falling off me and no support whatsoever.

Another SUCCESS for me yesterday, I was twiddling with my rings and my wedding ring came off easily. This ring has been stuck on my hand for 20 years now (not that I wanted to remove it) but I could not, it was just so small and my finger had got so much bigger, it was well and truly stuck and would not even turn. Although I weigh in the early 90 kgs right now (down from 128 kgs), this ring fitted me when I weighed 65 kg. So although the scales show 90 +, my fingers are down where they were at 65 kg. My body is getting smaller even though the scales continue to lie. I am now a size 14 top or a medium, which is "normal" as far as I am concerned. The bottom bits are size 18, just heading into size 16. Today I
"had" to buy new pants and a new top, as I gave away my "fat" clothes, helped by Coaches encouragement . Not only do thes epnats have a wasitband but they actually look better with the shirt tucked in, instead of hanging over to hide everything as I used to. Next I need to go and buy one of those big belts to really show off the cinched in waist (in progress). I have had to avoid belts which I loved in the 80s. Now I'm lookiing for a big red one!!!! The thrill of those new clothes is just indescribable! Before I would buy what would actually fit and still dislike it most of the time, but options are limited (and expensive) at size 24/26 pants...

All is so very good. look forward to other success stories soon

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Kim,
I'm still having trouble understanding why I was eating basically the same food as everyone else, but did not have the same results. I did have to make substitutions, but they were mostly lateral. I'm still waiting on my protein powder. I had to order in online and ship it to my stepdaughter's in USA, but when she went to ship it to me, UPS wanted $400!!! So, my husband is there visiting with his new grandson and he will bring it back in his bags along with my nuts!
I found it challenging to not just be able to pop into Walmart and buy what I needed. Prior to the FLP, I thought I made pretty good choices for eating most of the time, so the food selections were not too different for me. In fact, I was eating way more than usual on FLP. But, over the last several months prior to FLP, I was giving in to eating what others around me were eating including sugar and bread. These are 2 items that have to be strictly controlled with me, or I just "blow up". I now follow a variation of the meals and am doing the 2nd week of the exercises in WOTM. So, we'll see what happens. Again, congrats on your great results!

bill316 said...

Congratulations on your progress, keep it up! I've dropped about 30 pounds over the last 2 years, mostly exercise results, it is good to see as it happens. Hope the journey continues well for you.

losing thigh fat