Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One year of weightloss, the results with pics!

The other day I posted my FLP results for the six week Fat Loss Project from Go Sleeveless and Coach Rylan, which I totally recommend!!!

Today I post my results for the ENTIRE year of weightloss, which includes FLP in the last six weeks since I started on Oct 28 2008. Even I am blown away by these results..! It has been a long focussed year and I have done it day by day, step by step and suddenly I am one year on and have met and exceeded my goals for the first year. Now I have to acknowledge the first years work and then get down to business for the next year..(I started Monday morning with an FLP workout, game on!)

OK, here are the results for the entire year..the envelope please..!

Weight Before 128 kg
After 92.6 - loss of 35.4kg

Bust before 119cm, now 104, down 14cm!
Hips were 150.5, now 128, down 22.5cm!
Waist, was 103, now 84, down 19cm!
Upper arm was 45, now 38, down 7cm!
Thigh was 84cm, now 76cm, down 8cm!
Ankle was 27cm, now 26cm, down 1 cm
Neck was 36, now 34, down 2cm
That's a total loss of 79.5 cm from my entire body..that is mind blowing.

Fat results down. My personal trainer and best bud Jo from Hauraki Fitness centre has been measuring my fat on my tricep, bicep and back with her little caliper thingies. It was now possible to measure the ab for the first time ever now too as as there was simply too much before. She estimates my body fat was about 50 percent...It is now 37.5% with 26% being at the upper end of "normal", so I am getting there.

One year ago, I studiously avoided doing any exercise, I ate somewhat healthily, but far too much of it. My first walk on day one, after about 2 or 3 minutes I was red all over and my skin was itching like hell from the all the jiggling. It took about three weeks for the jiggly itchies to go away and I walked a little further everyday. By about six weeks I got really brave and slowly jogged one lamppost, then walked one. I was so surprised when I did not fall over wehn I tried to run. Fast forward and I am whole lot fitter and doing real pushups!

A lot of the first part of the journey is on my first blog at livejournal.com/girlwhoclicked.

Today I revisited and wrote down in my book, my weightloss/fitness goals for the short, medium and longer term. One goal was fit a pair of size 16 jeans as I am now comfortably in 18s. So I thought I'd try the pair on to see how far away ot would be, thinking beginning of next year maybe, as last time I'd tried them about 6 weeks ago they were about 3 inches away from zipping together. Tried them today and they zipped up, no worries! I am astounded, two jeans sizes in only about 8 weeks! They did not look great, I would not waer them out yet as they were a bit tight and maybe not the right cut anyway for me. They were just a pair given by a friend that I was using as a "goal post", so TICK to that goal!!!!!

Here's some pics of before and after (well let's call them "during" as I am just over half way there). There are bugger all of me bigger at 128 kg, for obvious reasons...and I am still learning to make friends with the camera now...(as subject, not photographer)




At the Napier Art Deco Picnic. I really wanted to wear one of those fringy sleeevless flapper dresses but at size 24/26 pants, it was not possible to "dress up" the way I wanted. I had a good time that day but then saw the photos, OMG, yet it still did not inspire me to lose weight, that came later...

Arms as big as thighs here...

Sept 09 (below) you can see the arms are now a lot smaller



"after one year" back shot (others did not turn out..) Now wearing size 18 pants, looking for size 14 (denim!) jeans comfortably as my ultimate goal. I'm more than happy as a 14, I like my curves, I look really good at size 14. Dont want to be a stick...

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Well congratulations and so nice to see someone else that is more than happy to be a 14 - being comfortable with our bodies and realistic that we aren't healthy with size 6 or even 8 is a huge hurdle. I am now comfortable in 18 and looking forward to 16 - then 14. Way to go!!

Helen said...

WOW! Great work!

Girl Who Got Real said...

Thanks both! At size 14 I would be in the (upper end) of "normal" BMI, I have hips, boobs -yay! and a waist. I got down to size 10, 20 odd years ago for our wedding when I was 21. My face was gaunt and checkbones so high and hard, no padding on my face, which is aging when you look "chiselled". My ribs stuck out, I was cold all the time and my bras were a 12 A (argghhh!!!!). Now I've breastfed two babies apparently the A cup is never going to happen again, thank goodness. Size 14 rocks for me, roll on!!!! All the best to you both, look forward to your results too.