Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday day 14 - how do you comfort yourself when comfort food is out? (and wine, tea and coffee..)

Had a low day yesterday, Sunday. Family fun cardio day was not much fun (for me anyway) and the cardio component was almost zero, so I was annoyed at how that worked out. None the less I stuck to the food plan. We drove up to Auckland for my husband to compete in a work truck driving competition and I envisaged a lot of walking around events, but there was only one spectator event and we were constricted to a small space, so you you couldnt walk around much. To compensate I stood most of the day, rather than sat, to try to use some energy at least. There was a free BBQ with free chocolate and soda and yummy thick orange juice. Felt slightly tempted by the OJ and the free choccie, but did not succumb. Ate my lunch apple early at 11.20 to help make the tummy full til lunch. I took my chicken salad in a lunchbox and ate it, was nice. Our daughter had a great time bouncing on the bouncy castle for four hours straight pretty much. I felt quite disapointed yesterday as my husband did not win the cash prize, which would have really helped us...even though he was by far the the most accurate driver. He did the obstacle course in a truck perfectly, no one else did as well, they knocked cones etc. yet he still did not win as he found our it was also time based as well as accuracy (after he'd done his run..) and theyw must have wieghted the time over the accuracy, so he did not win, even though he won...So that really ripped my nighty quite a bit as we could have really used that money and i had kinda started spending it on certain bills in my head. Money is something that really has strong power to bring me down. Then I had no normal source of comfort to turn to to perk myself up such as food, tea, coffee or wine as I am on this plan. I just did not know what to do with myself. So I went to bed and hoped it would go away. I need to find other ways to make myself feel better, right now I dont know what they are though...Can't be anything involving $$$ either, must be free...My walk this morning (Monday) did help, but I still feel quite wound up, uncomforted/prickly and low ebb.

FOOD
6am wake up
7am 1 cup whole oats, 1 apple, 1tbsp almonds, 1tbsp flax seed
10am 0.5 c yoghurt and 0.5 c berries

11.20 Berry tea and apple from lunch

12 Lunch 2 cups lettuce, 1 tomato, cucumber. 150g chicken breast grilled, Coachesdressing

2pm orange

6.40 120g steak,.75 c cauliflower, .25 c cabbage

9pm wildberry tea

FLUIDS
2.7 litres + herbal teas

3 comments:

Donna Denise said...

Hi Kim, sorry to hear your fun day wasn't very much fun. Bad days are tough and just like you I'm tempted to drown my sorrows in food or wine. But I'm finding that walking helps me as does watching a good comedy, taking a long drive or visiting a friend--they're all good distractions until I feel better. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Helen said...

I had that problem on Friday, when my weight was up and my body was holding onto everything. I used to try to go exercise when I was really feeling stressed, but now that's part of the routine. I've been reading a good novel. It seems to help. Maybe even a walk around the neighborhood or a talk with a friend. I sometimes get online and chat with friends back home. You're an inspiration to us, Kim! Keep it up!

Girl Who Got Real said...

Thanks guys...I am feeling better just knowing you replied. All of those are very good ideas, thank you. I could simply not think of one myself and needed outside help to break through this. I have not read a novel in donkeys years, so there is a "novel" distratcion. I know it will pass and I am feeling about 30% better now, so hopefully by tommorow I'll be back to my normal "up" self.