Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nearly Day One

It's 9.30 pm the night before day one and I just got my emails today with the food and exercise. Man I think I've given myself one heck of a challenge here...I will do it, but it will certainly be challenging, even to me who already goes to the gym and already eats (what I thought was) "clean" . I tried the workout in advance (small bits of it) and I was panting, from just a few reps. Boy that is some butt kicking workout there.

I've asked some Q's and waiting for replies (it's like 1am in the morning for Coach Rylan so he wont get them til the morning)

I asked about tea. I have a habit (of which I may need to be detoxed) of needing 2 cups of tea (with trim milk) in the morning. So I am going to go it hard on that. I know from times when I have missed my tea for whatever reason, I get a big headache. Must be withdrawl. So I will need to add panadol to the list for the first few days whilst my body weans itself of it's tea fix.

There will be hard sacrifices for all of us I think as we "detox" from whatever thing we had before, be it tea, coffee, soda, lollies, chocolate or meat pies. For some, this will be huge change.

For me the food plan is fairly similar to what I eat now in many ways, except less dairy. I have 3 serves of dairy a day right now, which is (for me) 1 c low fat yoghurt and 2 cups of trim milk (used on cereal and in tea or coffee). There is an extra piece of fruit. I normally have tinned tuna (about 90 grams) with salad for lunch. So this is fairly similar. I love my oats for breakfast! So pleased to see them on the list! Yay! They really give me that great low GI boost and are so filling. Coach has them cooked as porridge, but I usually have them as a muesli with a TBSP sultanas, TBSP pumpkin seeds and TBSP sesame seeds, plus a bit of trim milk to dampen things a bit.

I also really enjoy protein at lunch. This has been a new thing for me in the last year as I used to have sandwiches for lunch (6 - 8 slices of bread!). Now I have protein and salad, I am much fuller and happier. I seemed to need a lot of bread to feel full. Whereas the salad slows me down and I feel full with less food.

I havent found any one else but Ginnys blog. Where are you all fellow Guinea Pigs?

Well I'm about to have my last cup of tea for possibly six weeks...go to bed and try not to freak out at the enormity of it and just do it, one step, one minute, one day at a time - til it's done.

No comments: