Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fat Loss Day 10 (clothes breakthrough day!)

Good morning! I went to bed at 8pm last night and woke up feeling refreshed and energised, thank goodness! And my weight which was up yesterday 400 grams, was DOWN today 800 grams, woohoo!


Had a major breakthrough clothes wise yesterday, that I was too tired to blog about then. I have a big warm jacket that I have had for more than 12 years now. When I brought it, I could not do up the last two bottom buttons, but thought I would lose weight walking on the beach and it would fit (and that was the biggest warm jacket I could find..). Anyway since then I have never fitted that jacket. Less buttons could do up as time went on and when I had to wear a warm jacket (which is not often here thankfully), I would hold it together at the front with my hand, unable to be done up. Just pretend I forgot to do it up on a cold rainy day..yeah right...Anyway it was a cold and blustery spring storm yesterday and I had to get the kids from school. I got my jacket out and put it on and suddenly realised I had done up the zip and the domes on the thing, it fitted easily! Wow! This is my 99 kg breakthrough memory

Also noticed front of thighs feel firmer and (side of waist) obliques? feel firmer. Put on a pair of size 18 pants this morning a friend had given me and they fit easily now, a year ago I could not get these pants past my knees! A couple of weeks ago, I could just get them on but they looked and felt very very tight, I could not bend in them really (or breathe..). Now they fit good! Yay, a new pair of pants!

Wake Up 6.30am
breakfast 7.30 am
Smoothie 1c water, 1 banana, 1c berries, 1/2cwhole flake oats, 4TBSP plain low fat yoghurt, 1 TBSP flax seeds, 40 grams vanilla whey protein powder (now I have just learnt it has artificial sweetener in it, growl..oh well use this one til it's gone and then find a better more natural one) Had 1/2 of that

10.30am Other half of smoothie. 1x golden kiwifruit tea

1.30pm 95g tinned tuna in water, 1TSP olive oil +lemon. 1/4 c green and rd pepper, 1/4 c kidney beans. 1 apple (just realised at 9pm I forgot the cucumber!)

Afternoon tea 4.20 pm 70 grams chicken breast grilled. 1 small carrot, 1.5c broc, celery cauli and 1TBSP peanut butter (had no oil dressing at dinner to substitute as the raw celery, brocolli etc really needed a dip, and the PB was perfect (again). Feijoa herbal tea

Dinner 7pm Salmon 150 grams, 1 tomato, 1c buttercrunch lettuce, 1c cooked brocolli

8.30pm 1x feijoa tea

FLUIDS 3.5 litres + herbal tea x3

EXERCISE

Cardio
5 min warm up (Les Mills Step warmup track)
Elliptical on resistance no 4 High power for 2 mins, medium power for 2.15 mins x3
No warm down, straight to strength after a glass of water

Shoulder Squat (with 2.5 kg weights) (taking elbows to knees, deep, really focussing on form) 18,19,19
Step Ups (with 2.5 kg weights) using alternate legs 18,18,18
Push Ups (real push ups on toes) 10 (+5% deeper than yesterday),10 (+10% deeper than yesterday),9 (+5% deeper than yesterday) to failure. Pushups are continuing to improve daily, GOAL end of week 3 to get reasonable form)
Burpees with dumbells (no jump) done with 1 kg weights 14,13,15
Bench Dip (on chair with crossed feet) 11(to failure), 10 (to failure), 11 (to failure)
Get ups with 1x 2.5 kg weight with straight arm up, alternating arms 19,19,19
rest 60 seconds between cicuits

The saying goes "only men and horses sweat, ladies "perspire". These workouts make me sweat like a horse, which is good, I know it's working!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

YAY!!! What an exciting day!!!
You are awesome!!