Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fat Loss project Day FOUR (complete)

Wake up 6.50am

Breakfast 7.20 am
1cup whole oats with 1 TBSP flax seeds and 1TBSP almonds and 1 grated apple all mixed in, yum!

10.30 1/2 cup low fat plain yoghurt + 1/2 frozen blueberries. 1x wildberry tea

1.45 Lunch 2 cups lettuce with one large tomato + 150 g grilled chicken. Coaches salad dressing. 1 small banana. 1x golden kiwifruit tea (oh...yumm!)

3.45 Afternoon tea 1 tsp peanut butter + 1x apple Golden kiwifruit tea

Dinner 6pm 1c carrots and parsnip boiled. 1/2 c cabbage. 150grams steak with no fat. No salad as not hungry for more...

7.30pm 1x wildberry tea

FLUIDS: 3.4 litres water. 4x herbal teas


EXERCISE: DONE
9.00 am commence 9.50 am approx finish

Walking (up medium grade hills)
5 min warm up
2 mins intense, 2.45 mins less intense x2

Prisoner Squats 3 sets 30 reps
Bench Step Ups 3 sets 15 reps
Pushups (bench) 3 sets 15 reps (to failure on last set...)
Burpees (with jump) 3 sets 13 reps
Bench Dips 3 sets 15 reps
Get Ups (with hand, no weights) 3 sets 13 reps

Took Coaches advice as per day 4 email to increase which ones I could, set the goal and did it! Pretty much to the edge of my ability, say 90 - 95% effort where 100% means fall over and die of a heart attack..I am used to a lot of squats from Pump and I go fairly low, so my butt hits the couch behind me, then I know I've gone low enough.

COMMENTS: Was "naughty" in that I weighed myself this morning, could not help it, just brought new scales and had to use 'em! I was very pleased to see my efforts are paying off and I have lost 700 grams or about 1.5 pounds. I was 101.8 kg to start, new weight 101.1, roll on 100. something and then (drum roll...) 99 kgs. That has been by my goal for this year to reach "double digits" of 99 kgs by October 28, the one year anniversary of my start date back when I weighed 128 kg.

We did have a "99" party planned with champagne, but I will still be on this challenge, so maybe a toast with a herbal tea instead?! Not giving this up for nothing or no one!

Reflected in another post on "Food as my identity"

GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!!
Plus I have now lost just over half the wieght I planned to lose, so another milestone reached. My goal is 75kg by Oct next year, so half way was a loss of 26.5 kg. That is now at 26.9kg. Hey you've got to celebrate all the milestones! Even if it is only by blogging about them!

1 comment:

Ness said...

Oh what on earth is a prisoner squat???

Reading this makes me realise that I need to eat way more vegetables. :)